In order to join the Centerport Yacht Club, you must be sponsored by a current Club member and seconded by another current member.
The number of new members accepted each year varies depending on the number of openings available, and boat owners are given preference over non-boat owners in the acceptance process.
Why join Centerport Yacht Club?
- Founded in 1947
- 235 Regular Member families, with approximately 300 children under the age of 18
- 20 Associate Members (for those 21 to under 37 years of age)
- 10 Junior members (for those 16 to under 21 years of age)
- Club is available for limited catering for member-sponsored events
- Reciprocal rights with many other yacht clubs
- Open 11 months a year, closed in January
- Moorings in Lloyd Harbor, Sand City and Port Jefferson for Club members use
- Fleet of 120+ sailing yachts, over 50 power yachts and close to 70 power boats
- Competitive races as follows: Ensigns, Stars, J-24’s, Performance handicap racing (PHRF) for cruising/racing sailboats, JY-15 and Laser Frostbite sailing, Ideal 18’s
- Mooring rights at the Club (Note: Moorings will be billed through the Club)
- Launch service from mid-April through Decommissioning at the end of October (Note: limited service before and after the summer season)
- Assigned parking spaces for smaller boats
- Hoist dock
- Launch ramp
- Club cruises
- Use of Ideal 18 sailboats is available for an annual fee
- Use of the Club’s Ideal 18 sailboats is available for an annual fee
- Adult “Learn to Sail” in Ideal 18's
- Use of Club kayaks
- Swimming pool with lifeguards (open Memorial Day to Labor Day)
- Dining and bar facilities which are billed monthly to the club member
- Burger Buoy (snack bar) open seasonally during the swimming season
- Adult holiday and theme parties/events scheduled throughout year (New Year’s Eve party, July 4th Picnic, Pig Roast, annual fishing contest, etc.)
- Junior sailing starts at age 5 with new Mini Mates program
- Swim team for children ages 6-17. Includes meets with other clubs
- Children’s parties/events scheduled throughout year (Halloween party, Holiday Party, etc.)
Commitment to the Club
- All members are encouraged and expected to participate in and volunteer for various activities. This helps members get to know one another and keeps overhead down.